Snooker Talk Forum

Go Back   Snooker Talk Forum > Snooker > Cardiff and District Snooker League

Unread 24-09-2017, 12:32 PM   #11
Ronnietheone

vCash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Am I missing something here Jimmy...? Ronnie posted the Mackintosh result, together with highest breaks....
I text Jimmy (Thursday night) 1 st week and posted results on website same night

I got my eye on you.
Ronnietheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #12
sparky

Jimmy,

What is the point of posting a match thread on the Forum every week if teams are not allowed to submit results there, perhaps with the odd comment about the match?

I don't recall any discussion about changing the rules to text only at the AGM - and the post you put up at the start of the season about submitting results said they could be made by text OR the results form on the web site. However, there is no results form on the web site and the post did not include the number to which teams need to text the result.

As you know, several teams were previously using the Forum (which in my view is a much more transparent way of submitting results than by text).

I think you need to ensure teams have been properly notified about this before threatening to not allocate points.

Simon
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #13
Jimmy

First of all it's because there's a possibility that we'll be closing this forum soon so wanted to get teams to change over.

Also, it was discussed at the AGM about the submission of results and my number is on the website.

The rule about submission of result by 9am on Saturday has been in place for years but I've yet to enforce it, but to be honest I was getting pissed off last year when people (including your team) were moaning about the player rankings but hadn't submitted the results.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #14
nobrot

vCash: 4483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
First of all it's because there's a possibility that we'll be closing this forum soon so wanted to get teams to change over.

Also, it was discussed at the AGM about the submission of results and my number is on the website.

The rule about submission of result by 9am on Saturday has been in place for years but I've yet to enforce it, but to be honest I was getting pissed off last year when people (including your team) were moaning about the player rankings but hadn't submitted the results.
I think if the forum closes we might lose some teams in the future, you don`t have to be a member to see results of other teams or see the lge tables. How else are we to know what`s going on out there..

Is it down to the cost of running the website or the committee being fed up ???
Unread 27-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #15
Jimmy

The guy who run it is keeping it open for us as a favour, but it's difficult to justify it as there are only a handful of posts per week.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #16
sparky

Jimmy,

In short, I do understand but there needs to be a standard approach to submitting results - a simple form on web site or forum, with text as an emergency alternative (give reason).

Losing the Forum is a retrograde step - it's a valuable resource if used and promoted properly. It's transparent and easy for everyone to see what's going on and contribute.

I have not seen the Committee send out any messages or do anything to promote its use!

Also have concerns about threatening not to allocate points at start of season when clearly the lines of communication about submitting results are contradictory e.g. web site rules and confused. It isn't in anyone's interest and should be a last resort after a clear warning system put in place.

Simon
Unread 27-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #17
sparky

If there was an e-form for teams to use then surely they could simply email it to you. Better than text???

Unread 28-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #18
glyn
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
If there was an e-form for teams to use then surely they could simply email it to you. Better than text???

There has been a form like this for years. Only a couple of teams used it. I can see it was being used this year but results were not getting through. I’m trying to fix the form but not successfully at the moment, will give it more time in the weekend!
Unread 28-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #19
nobrot

vCash: 4483

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn View Post
There has been a form like this for years. Only a couple of teams used it. I can see it was being used this year but results were not getting through. I’m trying to fix the form but not successfully at the moment, will give it more time in the weekend!
Well done HP..